- Murder was conducted in front of the Kremlin. In fact, the gunman is supposed to have come -literally- from the direction of the Kremlin. Just to get an idea of the area: Putin’s formal residenc (link), Map of the Kremlin (link), google maps Kremlin Area (link) and maps ‘assasination location’ (link).
- Gun used was allegedly a Makarov pistol. No gun was left at the scene of the shooting. The six cartridges found helped establish that the weapon was a Makarov pistol. A Makarov is a Russian-made gun, which is easy to obtain in Moscow as it was the Soviet Union‘s standard military and police side arm from 1951 to 1991.
- Vehicle presumebly owned by the City of Moscow (snow removal /cleaning wagon) was used in the assasination. Who would be able to control these vehicles?
- The escape car was a LADA 111, a well-known Russian car brand.
- The traffic flow was blocked during the time of the assasination, so no cars drive by.
- It takes 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive on the scene (close to the Kremlin!).
- The bridge was hardly on lock-down to do proper CSI work (bullets, traces etc).
- A fireman even cleaned the crime scene with a waterhose shortly after midnight.
Afterwards Nemtsov is positioned in a black bodybag on the pavement with the Basil’s Cathedral in the background (link). Why didnot they cover-up the crime scene in a tent? Why didnot they take him away immediately after putting him in a bodybag? Anyway, now photographers had excellent opportunities to take shots of him with the Basil’s Cathedral.
Everything just screams state controlled assasination. I am almost surprised the gunman did not accidently drop a Matryoshka doll at the murder scene.
Who did this? I have explained the likely options in this post, in order of likelyness.
ps. De Basil’s Cathedral is het meest bekende bouwwerk van Rusland. De bouw begon in 1555 om de overwinning te vieren in de oorlogen van Iwan IV tegen de Tataren in de stad Kazan. Het bestaat uit 9 verschillende kathedralen, die om elkaar heen gebouwd zijn in de vorm van een achtpuntige ster. Oorspronkelijk was het gebouw wit met gouden koepels. In 1848 kreeg de kerk zijn huidige, uitbundige kleuren. Sinds 1929 is het een museum. Het staat op de UNESCO lijst van werelderfgoed. De kathedralen werden vroeger ook wel “de Jeruzalem” genoemd, omdat deze rondom elkaar zijn gebouwd.